A complete LV self-testing system.
This self-testing kit comprises of two parts – a Polarity Test Pen™ plus a Test Pen Checker™, which automatically confirms that the pen is working correctly by simulating the electrical field produced by a live conductor. It is designed to give electrical engineers total confidence when looking for live conductors, particularly in bundles of cables and crowded enclosures.
The Polarity Test Pen is calibrated so its light and buzzer will only activate when the tip of the instrument is within 3mm of the live core of a standard conductor. It can therefore discriminate between individual live and non-live conductors and does not need current flow in the live conductor.
- Discriminates between live and non-live conductors – even in bundles of cables
- More accurate than other standard conductor testers
- Self-testing function ensures correct function and operator safety
- Self-powered, portable and easy to use
- Considered to be essential to operator safety
- The kit comprises a Polarity Test Pen and a Test Pen Checker, which simulates the electrical field produced by a live conductor to confirm the pen is working.
- Pen lights up and buzzes when it detects the electrical field surrounding a live LV insulated conductor
- Lights up ONLY within 3mm of the live core of a standard conductor
- Works with all standard 220-250V 50/60Hz supplies
- Does not require current flow in the live conductor
- Rugged construction with pen-style pocket clip
- The pen is powered by two AAA batteries
- To confirm proper operation of the pen, users simply insert it in the Test Pen Checker.
- The Test Pen Checker can be used as a carry case for the Polarity Test Pen.
- The Test Pen Checker is supplied with a clip-on lanyard.
Instant Function Check
Sign up to our newsletter
Learn more about our market-leading LV products and how we’re supporting the world’s transition to decarbonisation.