Smarter fault management and reliable power restoration.
With ageing LV cable networks seeing a rise in intermittent faults, the problem of multiple fuse operations has resulted in unreliable supply and increased costs. ALVIN Reclose² solves this problem, managing intermittent faults and restoring power on Low Voltage networks.
Up to 80% of intermittent faults can be resolved on the first attempt without the need for substation visits, thanks to the patented design and advanced thyristor technology.
But that’s not all. ALVIN Reclose² also offers a unique feature called SafeOn®. After a power loss, SafeOn® conducts checks to determine if the fault is temporary or permanent. If it’s not permanent, ALVIN Reclose² automatically restores power without the need for a substation visit. In the case of permanent faults, it ensures safety and locks out the system.
- Replacement for LV fuses
- Automatic multi-shot trip and close capabilities to manage transient faults and overloads
- Back up fuse protected
- Restores supplies after a transient fault with no need for manual intervention
- Detects pre-fault activity
- Locates faults
- SafeON® – fault detection and current limiting technology provides safe restoration of supplies
- Network analysis and diagnostics are available
- Arc-less switching for improved network protection and reduction in maintenance costs
- Factory programmed to suit different customer requirements
- Comprehensive training, together with service support
- Can ‘plug and play’ with ALVIN Reclose²
- Ability to identify and ‘self-clear’ multiple transient and overload faults so reducing engineering costs and delivering improved customer service
- Simple, retrofit installation with no hidden ‘start up’ costs means the low-cost ALVIN Reclose² offers excellent cost/benefit justification
- The ALVIN Reclose² device allows for more effective asset management, increasing reliability, efficiency and safety at lower costs
- Reduces CML (SAIDI) and CI (SAIFI) for transient faults
- SafeON® technology limits the amount of fault current to help avoid cable/joint damage
The ALVIN Reclose² user interface provides the necessary visualisation required to manage your fleet of units
- Geographical representation of equipment status
- Dashboard display for alarms and events
- Historical views of previous alarms and events status
- Search and filter functionality
Proud to be supporting Low Voltage projects throughout the UK.
Sign up to our newsletter
Learn more about our market-leading LV products and how we’re supporting the world’s transition to decarbonisation.